CHERISED DREAM FOR THE PHOM PEOPLE BY C.K. NIHEKHU (OUTGOING DEPUTY COMMISSIONER, LONGLENG): All praises to the name of the Lord Jesus Christ as I write my cherished dream for the Phom community. To my knowledge, I have the honor of being the longest serving administrative officer of Longleng. During my tenure at Longleng, I found Phom people to be peace loving, caring and extremely good natured. Generous in every way, they show their profound respect to all those who have true concern and love for them.
 Their discipline and determination is outstanding. I have every belief that if the leaders continue to lead them in the right direction, Phom community as a whole can become an exemplary and leading tribe.   

In the course of my long years of service with them in the capacity of ADC and DC, I have developed a rooted love and attachment to Phom people. Therefore, I dream; and it can be fulfilled. When every Phom is convicted of one’s sin and confesses and accepts the Lord Jesus Christ, there will be great change. Every individual will undergo a transition. The old nature will go away and in its place will come the new nature of the Lord Jesus Christ.
When this occurs, a total transformation will take place throughout Longleng district. Everyone will experience the joy of forgiveness and salvation. Each person will be committed to the welfare of another. Societal concerns will come to replace individualism and selfishness will go. When this transformation comes about, even the poorest of the poor will receive true hope from the Lord Jesus Christ and lead a confident life.
The commandments of the Lord in Deuteronomy 6:5-9 and John 13:34 will be automatic and spontaneous. This transformation that I wish will extend to every area of society including the government service. Every government employee will perform their duties sincerely, honestly with dedication and devotion and transparency. They will be willing to serve public happily without expecting anything in return. 

Every person that is transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit walks the path of integrity and justice. I pray that the Phom community will allow this to take place and foster a community that embodies the transformative power of the Holy Spirit.
Further, I wish for missions and prayer to become an integral aspect of everyday life among the people of Longleng district.

My cherished dream for Longleng is that it will one day display all the traits and qualities that I have mentioned. Then parity, equality, justice and communal growth will not only remain bywords but come to represent an entire community’s character. When this happens, my cherished dream for Longleng will be truly and most wonderfully fulfilled. (NP 04/09/11)